How to Use
Displaying the schedule:
Some of these are more permanent for home or classroom use. Others
are smaller and more portable.
- mount picture cards to poster board,
use single strip or full size with days of the week grid
- mount cards on a clipboard hung on
back of doors or carried
- carry cards in 3 ring binders
- mount cards in photo albums
- use manila folders with picture cards
the picture cards and schedules:
- cover with clear contact paper
- cover with clear packing tape
- cover with overhead transparency
Covering picture cards and forms will protect them and make them
more stable. You can write on any of these surfaces with overhead
transparency markers that will wipe off with a little glass cleaner.
Tip: Print out picture cards and forms and cover with clear
contact paper before cutting them.
Transitioning between activities:
- cross or check off picture as activity
shown on picture card is completed
- move picture to a finished container
when activity on picture card is completed
- turn picture card over on chart when
- take completed picture card to next
activity area when it is finished
Finished baskets and envelope
Examples of a "Finished" container:
- plastic basket
- shoe box
- coffee can
- envelopes (cut long size in half
and use both sides)
Need more Picture Cards?
View2Do is an online program that lets you create customized teaching aids for visual learners.
Learn more about View2do!