Randomly moving from one activity to another without finishing
- Use checklists or picture directions to lay out instructions
Checklist for Reading Assignment:
When reading, think about
- Limit the number of activity
centers or choices.
- Specify the sequence of activities the student needs to follow
– use picture schedules to help the student follow the sequence.
Picture Directions for Class Day Schedule:
- Define what needs to be done before beginning another activity.
Journal to Keep Track of Tasks:
Journal to keep track of each task you do. For each task,
1. Does your journal entry
include who, what, where, and when for the task? _______
2. Does your journal entry
have a beginning, middle, and end step for the task?
3. Did you write in full
4. Did you use capitalization
and punctuation? _______
5. Did you read your journal
out loud? _______
6. Does your entry make