|Classroom Management - Behavior in the Classroom
Antecedents That Could Trigger Negative Behavior
- Hearing "No!" frequently
- Direction to stop an action without presenting a replacement
Example: Provide activities such as art
projects to keep the student occupied after he has finished
- Harshly stated commands
- Language and gestures that are interpreted as showing
- Take out personal phrases like "I want...".
Use "You need to..." or "It is time to..."
or "We need to...".
- Too much praise may not sound genuine and cause disruption.
- Too much unstructured or idle time