|Classroom Management - Arousal Regulation / Attention
Strategies for helping a child with the arousal regulation problem of being uncaring include:
- Direct the student to become aware of the nonverbal
The Feelings and Facial
Expression games to demonstrate facial emotions
- When discussing an incident with a student encourage
the student to think how he/she would feel in that
last parts of the Feelings game links incidents with the feelings associated
- Link the cause and effects to the actions.
- Practice using role playing games/scenarios to teach
appropriate social skills
- Have the student work with the school counselor
on social skills training.